The RURAL project BIOENERGY tries to contribute to the professional constant development of forming, teachers and tutors of Vocational training, in new professional qualifications on bio-energy rurally and bio-economy, due to the need to satisfy the professional demands that are emerging and they will appear in the rural European areas in the future.
It exists an important need of these new professional qualifications due to the use of policies and European strategies about economy, environment, climate change, energy and rural development (Europe Strategy 2020, Agricultural Common politics, the Boards for the renewable energies, the strategic mark about climate and the energy for the period 2030, reindustrialization of the EU of a rural economy and a circular economy based on the rural way, roadmap of the energy for 2050, etc.)
In agreement with Europe 2020’s general aims and the Agrarian Common Politics, there can be identified three long-term strategic aims in the frame of the politics of rural development of the EU: 1) Improvement of the competitiveness of the agriculture. 2) sustainable management of the natural resources and the climatic action. 3) regional balanced development of the rural zones.
There is a gap of formation in this field and in the future years it will be required training when the development of the bio-energy will be intensified in the rural way. Nowadays, some professional qualifications cover certain needs related to the energy in the food-processing sector, nevertheless, it is necessary to develop professional specific qualifications that integrate different aspects as we are before a confluence of different sectors and areas of knowledge.
Therefore, it is necessary to develop skills and professional basic competitions for the managing of the bio-energy in rural areas giving that this FP’s specific qualification does not currently exist, so the principal approach of this project will be the development of the transverse competition for specialists in bioenergy and the production of resources and educational practical instruments for forming / teachers / tutors and students, with which this project also tries to improve the access to the training and the qualifications for everyone.
- Development of a Plan of Training in Bioenergy to contribute to the professionalization in rural areas in bio-energy sector.
- Drawing-up the methodological guide and other formative practical resources which will contribute to the professional development of forming / teachers / tutors and it will improve the access to the formation and the qualifications for everyone.
- Development of the transverse competition of ” SPECIALIST OF BIOENERGY FOR THE AGRO-FOOD SECTOR ” (for its possible future recognition and validation in the European Frame of Qualifications or in the countries participants).
- To promote pedagogic innovative methodologies (learning based on projects and learning based on the work, between others) as a successful recipe for a satisfactory transition to the labor market.
- To promote the cooperation between the centers of formation and the Groups of Local Action, associations of rural development, Farmers´ Unions, Associations for the valuation of the biomass, etc., with the aim to offer opportunities of formation to the local communities and to facilitate the development of the rural economy.
IO1: Development of a methodological guide
The methodological guide will be an instrument to systematize the transverse competition of ” Specialist in Bioenergy “, what it means, it will be a manual of training for the new professional qualification that it includes:
- CURRICULUM with the basic contents of the training.
- METHODOLOGY based on methods and innovative beginning of learning: learning based on projects, practical, autonomous and cooperative learning, favoring the teamwork, practical royal concepts, etc. So that the students take part in the planning, implementation and project evaluation with a royal application, which they mean a contribution to the community, through we will obtain more long-lasting results.
This intellectual product provides the basic curriculum development of the qualification in bioenergy rural to instructors rurally as well as the necessary tools to design and to use this model of education – learning.
IO2: Structured Training Course
A formative model structured will be designed to facilitate the training of instructors and teachers, but also for the permanent learning. It is an intellectual product with theoretical contents and practical examples that it will include:
- MODULES AND UNITS OF LEARNING in relation with the different concepts on bio-energy in rural zones that they have evolved very much in the last years and are not sufficiently present in the study plans as: the circular economy, the use of the agro-cattle residues and the application of bioenergy in agro-food farms (agricultural farms and agro-food industries), energetic applications of the biomass, biological treatments of organic residues and other existing technologies, the environmental implications, the context of the Bioenergy in Europe, etc.
- PRACTICAL EXAMPLES: projects and practical experiences to develop the model of learning based on projects and the rest of the innovative proposed methodologies, providing tools to the forming ones across easily adaptable examples to his own environment of education.
IO3: Educative resources
The educational materials for the students will be developed, following the structure of the MODULES established in the previous intellectual product and they will explain the theoretical and practical contents related to the Bioenergy and its uses in the rural zones and the agricultural and agro-food sectors. The adjustment of the content for the students will allow: to provide information; to be a guide of learning; to motivate the learning (across project examples as well as a clear structure and an attractive design); to provide skills for the analysis, the search of relations, the reflection and the critical thought.
IO4: Platform TIC for the exchange of knowledge
The Platform TIC ” RURAL BIOENERGY ” will contribute to the acquisition and exchange of knowledge across the new technologies, with information, contents and tools of education – learning on Bio-energy.
It is a platform of formation that integrates the characteristics of a collaborative multisector platform (the groups addressees will be best-qualified candidates, teachers and students of vocational training but they will also allow the interaction and communication with other parts interested of the community educational and / or related to the bio-energy, renewable energies, circular economy, agricultural management, rural development, etc.)
It will incorporate information, tools of search, of communication and of formation which facilitate the educational support, the advice, the possibility of exchange of offers of work… integrating the social networks and tools multimedia to create a community of connected users.
It will integrate the different intellectual products created (all of them Educational Opened Resources) as a formative package on RURAL BIO-ENERGY.
E1: Technical seminar
Technical-academic with the double objective of presenting findings and the developed products that are destined to be the final product of the Project and to evaluate the results on the part of technical personnel, teachers, forming and expert across conversations or interviews and surveys on the intellectual products O1 and O2. Technical-academic.
These meetings will involve to:
- Technical personnel and experts especially in bioenergy, renewable energies, agriculture and rural development.
- Forming and teachers of entities of not formal and formal vocational training or with programs of permanent learning, especially in rural zones
- Experts in education and vocational training.
E2: Transmission Program
Program of transmission for diffusion and evaluation that looks for a massive participation specially of the population of rural areas:
- Local authorities, educational authorities and authorities related to the agriculture, the renewable energies, the environment, etc.
- Representatives of groups of local action, farms´ unions, forest, agricultural and cattle associations, associations for the valuation of biomass, producers of renewable energy, companies of bioenergetics technology and its associations and networks, companies and environmental associations, centers of investigation, etc.
- Technical personnel and managers in agriculture, bio-energy, environment, etc. Agents of rural development / local; farmers, agricultural advisers, workers of the food-processing industry, workers of companies of renewable energies, etc.
- Forming and teachers of not formal and formal FP or with programs of permanent learning…
- Young people, the students and the public in general.
- Massive media.
C1: Training course
Training course of forming for the personnel of the entities that form the strategic association of the project.
The main addressees of the final results of the project will be forming, teachers and tutors of Vocational training, as well as any interested person in these new professional qualifications on rural bioenergy rurally because the project also tries to contribute to the permanent learning and the not formal formation.
The project tries to involve during its development to the major possible number of stakeholders (at least of 150 different entities) that will be representatives of the sectors involved directly in the learning process, training and employment, for what the implication of these social speakers is fundamental for the design of a plan of vocational training. The priority groups will be:
- Groups of local action and actors of rural development (Leader, Horizon 2020…) Networks of rural development / Federations and associations of rural development
- Farms ‘unions and cattle and forest associations
- Associations for the valuation of the biomass
- Producers’ Associations of renewable energy
- Companies of technology of bio-energy and their associations
- Environmental Associations
- Institutes of rural young women and women’s associations
- Centers of investigation and Universities
- Entities of not formal vocational training and with programs of permanent learning, especially in the rural zones.
- Centers of formal vocational training (Agriculture, Agro-food industries and professional families of Energy – water principally)
- Teachers’ Associations of vocational training and other professionals of the education
- Other entities linked to the fields of the agriculture and the renewable energies public entities public and deprived from employment to local level / regional / national.
- Businessmen’s associations.
Moreover, the project will try to involve those who elaborate the policies, to the managers and to the authorities: local authorities and authorities related to the education, the agriculture, the renewable energies, the environment, etc.
Results of the Project “RURAL BIOENERGY”:
1) Development of a Plan of formation un Bioenergy for agro-food sector which includes:
- Four intellectual products: a methodological guide for the training (O1), a course of training structured (O2) with the adjustment of the contents for the students in educational materials (O3) and the educational platform of TIC and for the knowledge and the exchange (O4).
- Two events multipliers: a Technical Seminar (E1) celebrated in Portugal and a Program of Transmission (E2) in Italy.
- A course of training personnel of the entities of the short-term project (C1) to celebrating in Spain.
2) The participation of 1000 direct beneficiaries who belong principally to the rural zones and by means of 25 adhesions of each one of 6 partners (150 stakeholders).
3) Creation of networks and common links of learning between the beneficiaries and strategies and tools to promote and to improve the communication between the different individuals and implied groups, including from the beginning stakeholders to discuss strategies on how approaching the problems of the Project RURAL BIOENERGY.
4) Web page of the project in the one that will be kept all the information compiled along the project.
The project will have some results that will continue after the end of the project:
- The PLATFORM TIC ” RURAL BIOENERGÍA ” created by the project (for educational ends, of exchange of knowledge and promotion of the employment), as well as the web page of the project.
- Personal Advice on bio-energy rural through to the partners participants in the project (some of which realize a work of constant advice in rural zones) and through Internet.
- The creation of educational resources opened ” PACKAGE OF TRAINING IN RURAL BIOENERGY ” (REA) like a methodological guide for the formation and other practical educational resources (documents and material multimedia for the education, the learning, the evaluation) whose principal characteristic is that it will be the widely available one for the public with opened licenses. To allow the free use and the reutilization on the part of any organization or individual (teachers, students, self-taught…).
- Round tables with the parts been interested in every country of the partners of the project, by means of the creation of the ” ROUND EUROPEAN TABLE OF RURAL BIOENERGY “.
- Publication of articles in specialized magazines in bioenergy or rural development.
- Development of the transverse competition for the ” SPECIALIST IN BIOENERGÍA FOR THE FOOD-PROCESSING SECTOR “. Once designed the curriculum related to the necessary competitions identified in the project and elaborated the contents and skills of the formative offer, the partners will proceed to initiate the steps for his possible integration in ECVET or in each of five countries that shape the association.